Residence Life Team
On-Campus Leadership Makes a Difference
We offer an invaluable built-in network of supports, experience, and encouragement to help students succeed while at Olds College.
Residence Life on campus can be one of the most memorable aspects of a post-secondary education. Lifelong friendships, a memory bank full of wonderful experiences, and the day-to-day convenience of living on campus are only some of the benefits of residence life.
Resident Assistants: here for you!
The Residence Life Team consists of 12-14 students who are hired as Resident Assistants (RA’s) to help students with any housing or interpersonal problems they may have.
- Residence Life staff are available within residence to provide support, information, resources, and a listening ear.
- Residence Life staff live with you and work to make the experience the best it can be.
The Residence Life staff work closely with the College Nurse to provide a strong network of supports for individual and community development.
The RA’s exist for the benefit of the student and they assume a role of leadership in all aspects of residence living. They have a variety of job duties including
- social planner
- resource person
RA's are scheduled to be on-duty each evening and 24 hours a day on the weekend to assist the residents. RA’s are educated about
- health and safety related issues
- interpersonal communication
- resources available to assist individuals
- event planning
Their training includes
- basic and early intervention techniques
- fire and emergency preparation
- first aid
- a host of other skills to aid the development of the residence community