There are several awards available that are administered by external organizations. Examples of these awards are:
Parkland Airshed Management Zone - Dr. Martha Kostuch Environmental Education Fund
The Dr. Martha Kostuch Environmental Education Fund helps students pursuing an environmental education at schools or colleges within the PAMZ zone (PAMZ boundaries encompass a 42,000 sq. kilometer area of west central Alberta). This award is given out annually to a deserving student(s) in recognition of outstanding environmental service and leadership as well as promise of future achievement in environmental stewardship and/or environmental leadership.
Criteria & Eligibility:
- Any student with an interest in environmental issues may apply. Applicants must be able to demonstrate enrolment in a post secondary institution in a field related to resource conservation or environmental education.
- Full-time student who is currently graduating from a high school in the PAMZ region. Please see the PAMZ website for the regions www.pamz.org
- Although financial need will be considered in the selection process through the responses to the questions, financial aid need is not required.
Application due date: July 1st annually
Value: $2,500 (scholarship may be divided between more than one recipient)
All applicants will be contacted by August 31
For application details, check out www.pamz.org - choose Resources - choose Martha Kostuch Scholarship
A few places to find other awards
- Local service clubs (i.e. 4-H, Elks, Legion, etc.)
- Organizations which you or your parents belong
- Your parents’ or your employees
- High school
Websites for awards information
- National Educational Association of Disabled Students
- Alberta Scholarship & Bursary Programs
- Aboriginal Bursary System
Try searching scholarships, bursaries and awards on a search engine of your choice and you will be amazed with the results that you get!
If you need information on how to fund your education, please contact our Student Services Officers @ 1-800-661-OLDS (6537)
DON’T LET THESE OPPORTUNITIES PASS YOU BY!!