Hort Week July 22 - 26, 2013!
Welcome to Hort Week 2013!
New to Hort Week? Check out the 2013 course offerings to get a glimpse of what the Hort Week experience is all about!
For the love of learning and getting your hands dirty!
Join us for workshops and courses all about gardening, growing and creating beautiful things. Learn more about what you love in-class, in our greenhouses and outdoors in our Botanic Garden!
For 49 years gardeners have gathered at Olds College for this week that inspires and informs. Everyone from beginner to expert can learn something valuable, enjoy the company of fellow enthusiasts and experience the fun of summer camp all over again.
Come for a half or full course or stay for the week,
just don’t miss the experience!
A Summer Vacation Like No Other - The Hort Week Experience!
Book some holiday time and stay overnight on campus in our student townhouses and get the benefit of:
- affordable accomodations ($43/night per person).
- taking in more than one day of courses, as you know you want to take more than 1 or 2! Educating yourself with information about what you love, away from home... What kind of holiday is more refreshing and rejuvinating than that?
- the convenience of walking through our Botanic Gardens on your way to and from your selected courses/workshops each day - no driving necessary!
- taking advantage of evening events on and off campus, both organized or informal gatherings with fellow "Hort Week'ers".
- becoming a part of the Hort Week Community, make friends with like-minded people also on "holiday".
- dining on campus or off campus. Meal plans are availabe for our campus cafeterias for your convenience.
- using the Community Learning Campus (CLC) Fitness Centre, a state- of-the-art fitness facility with indoor track, just a 3 minute walk from your townhouse.
- using the Olds Aquatic Centre, also just a 3 minute walk from your townhouse.
Check out Hort Week 2013!
Seeing is believing! See what makes Hort Week the most unique and fun time you can spend learning more about what you love!
Simply click in lower right hand corner of the photo box so the arrows appear to allow you to scroll through the photos. You can click on the right hand arrows to expand slideshow to full screen viewing and then click on "Show Info" (top right) to read captions. Esc to exit full screen mode.